Part of TYFU | GROW - Theatr Clwyd’s Creative Development Programme
Theatr Clwyd are announcing four new residencies in 2022 to support artists and companies in the development of their work. Our residencies will include:
- 2 weeks of rehearsal space (dates of which are below)
- Desk space in the Theatr Clwyd offices
- One-to-one advice and support from our Producing & Programming, Creative Engagement, Communications & Giving, Production and/or Finance teams
- Support with funding applications
- The opportunity to host a sharing of your work at the end of the residency with the Theatr Clwyd team and external stakeholders. We can also offer support in finding an audience for the sharing.
Capital RedevelopmentOur building is in need of urgent redevelopment to ensure that it’s not only safe and fit-for-purpose but also a green and inspirational home for our community for the next 40 years and beyond. This once-in-a-lifetime project will ensure North Wales retains this vital and financially sustainable resource for future generations.
Whilst the redevelopment means we are unable to access the rehearsal spaces at the theatre, we now have 2 sizeable spaces at our building in Mold town centre. ‘To-size’ sketches and images of these spaces can be found here: Rehearsal Rooms Info - Google Drive.
w/c 16 and w/c 23 May 2022 (Rehearsal Room 2)
w/c 11 and w/c 18 July 2022 (Rehearsal Room 1)
w/c 26 September and w/c 3 October 2022 (Rehearsal Room 1)
w/c 21 and w/c 28 November 2022 (Rehearsal Room 1)
We are particularly keen to hear from companies based/working in Wales, companies working in the Welsh Language and companies led by and/or creating work with global majority artists.
How To Apply
Please send us a document (3 sides of A4) or a video (3 minutes) which contains the following:
- A summary of your work as a company. This could include information on previous productions or, if this would be your first project, an idea of the work you want to make as a company
- An idea of the work you want to develop with us – what will you use the time for? What support would be useful for you? Would a sharing of your work with feedback be valuable?
- A clear indication of which of the residences would work for you – if several would be possible, great! Please list them in order of preference.
Your document/video can include images, mind-maps, anything you like! We welcome applications in Welsh and English. Please note that unfortunately we cannot offer financial support or accommodation.
Please send your applications to Sam Longville, Assistant Producer at Theatr Clwyd (email@example.com) by Friday 18 March 2022. We will let you know whether we can offer you a residency or not by Friday 25 March 2022.