Theatr Clwyd are excited to announce another four new residency opportunities in 2024 to support artists and companies in the development of their work.
We want these residencies to allow artists the space to play without the need for ‘results’ and to be safe creative spaces where creative conversations can happen between artists.
Our residencies will include:
- A bursary to cover travel and accommodation costs.
- 2 weeks of rehearsal space in-kind (dates outlined below).
- Desk space in the Theatr Clwyd offices.
- One-to-one advice and support from our Theatre Making, Experience, Communities and Company Support families.
- Support with funding applications (the residency offer can also be used as support in-kind when applying for Arts Council Wales funding).
- The opportunity to host a sharing of your work at the end of the residency with the Theatr Clwyd team (although there is no pressure create an ‘end product’ and no requirement to share your work).
If the below dates don’t work for you but you would still like to apply, then please suggest some alternative dates in your application.
- w/c 7 and w/c 13 May 2024 (this will start on Tuesday to avoid the bank holiday) - Rehearsal Room 1
- w/c 22 and w/c 29 July 2024 - Rehearsal Room 1
- w/c 2 and w/c 9 September 2024 - Rehearsal Room 2
- w/c 7 and w/c 14 October 2024 - Rehearsal Room 1
We are particularly keen to hear from companies or individuals based/working in Wales, companies or individuals working in the Welsh Language, and companies or individuals led by and/or creating work with artists from the global majority and artists who are Deaf and/or disabled.
Our building is currently undergoing urgent redevelopment to ensure that it’s not only safe and fit-for-purpose but also a green and inspirational home for our community for the next 40 years and beyond.
In the meantime, we have 2 sizeable spaces at our building in Mold town centre. ‘To-size’ sketches and images of these spaces can be found here: Rehearsal Rooms Info.
How To Apply
Please send us a document (up to 3 sides of A4) or a video (up to 3 minutes) which contains the following:
- A summary of your work as an artist or company. This could include information on previous productions or, if this would be your first project, an idea of the work you want to make.
- An idea of the work you want to develop with us – what will you use the time for? What support would be useful for you? Would a sharing of your work with feedback be valuable?
- A clear indication of which of the residences would work for you – if several would be possible, great! Please list them in order of preference. If none of the dates work for you, then please provide some alternative dates.
Your document/video can include images, mind-maps, anything you like! We welcome applications in Welsh and English.
If you have previously applied to one of our residencies but were unsuccessful, please do apply again, as we would love to hear from as many people as possible.
Please send your applications to email@example.com 5pm on Thursday 29 February 2024. We will let you know the outcome of your application by Friday 08 March.