When Eleanor and Sarah found each other, they were forced to leave their homes and cast out by society. Taking up residence in Llangollen they became minor celebrities, forced to witness their own lives written about by those who could never understand. Now, they are back, ready to take back the story that’s rightfully theirs - on their own terms.
A new play based on the true story of Lady Eleanor Butler and Miss Sarah Ponsonby.
Created by Katie Elin-Salt and Eleri B.Jones
Written by Katie Elin-Salt
Directed by Eleri B. Jones
With special thanks to The Carne Trust for supporting The Theatr Clwyd Carne Traineeship for Directors in Wales.
Welcome Back!If you're new to Theatr Clwyd or haven't visited for a while and are looking for more information before your visit - from how to get here to booking tickets, from accessibility to pre-ordering your interval drinks - then click here!
- thoroughly deserves to be seen not only in Mold but nationwideShropshire Star
- I enjoyed being challenged, loved the humour. For above all else that connects us to history it’s the stories and the laughter.Fairy Powered Productions
- This is a gripping drama, which holds the attention throughout. There are plenty of funny moments to lighten the mood – especially Mary’s monologue, beautifully delivered by Emma Pallant.Theatre Reviews North
- a warm affirmation of lives lived authentically, and of gardens tended into bloomThe Guardian
- Writer Katie Elin-Salt and director Eleri B Jones are to be congratulated on this new play that tells a love story that gives overdue representation to a large section of society, and tells it well.Arts Scene In Wales