Send us videos of your musical talent!
This June we’re opening out digital doors to young musicians in Flintshire, sharing the best young creative talent our county has to offer. With 8 categories available to enter – from individual instrumentalists to groups – with medals and prizes for the best in class, and written feedback for all entries.
We’ll share all the entries during June!
Why do this?
We want to share some of the amazing talent in our region by giving performance opportunities for our young musicians and showcasing their talent to the wider public, including family and friends. It’s a great chance to share your passion and get feedback from music professionals.
The categories available to enter are:
- Individual Instrumental
- Beginners to Grade 1 (1 piece, max 2 min)
- Grade 2 to 3 (1 piece, max 3 min)
- Grade 4 to Grade 5 (1 piece, max 4 min)
- Grade 6+ (1 piece, max 6 min)
- Primary School Age (1 piece, max 2 min)
- Secondary Years 7-9 (1 piece, max 3 min)
- Secondary Years 10-13 (1 piece, max 6 min)
- Open Category
- Open for all ages and abilities for individuals, duets, trios and groups. (1 piece, max 6 min)
Medals & Prizes
The best overall entry will win tickets to a Theatr Clwyd production. We’ll also award medals to the best in each category as well as to those who give notable performances in the following genres: Folk, Classical, Musical Theatre, Rock & Pop and Self-Written / Composition. The winners will also be invited to perform at a future Theatr Clwyd event!
How do I enter?
The closing date for applications is Monday 14th June.
The Small Print
- Contestants can submit videos for multiple categories.
- Contestants can submit multiple videos for the same category, provided each video uses a different instrument.
- Contestants should be either based in or associated with Flintshire.
- State your name and category at the start of the video.
- Please record your video submission in landscape mode.