Do you love theatre? Do you love the arts? Do you want your voice to be heard?
If you’re a young person 11-25 years old and you want to have a say on what happens at Theatr Clwyd, this opportunity is for you.
Theatr Clwyd is looking to recruit 8 young people to its newly formed Youth Advisory Board. Young people are a vital part of Theatr Clwyd and we want you to have an impact on what we do and who we are, now and in the future.
What is the Youth Advisory Board?
The Youth Advisory Board is a group of young people who will help shape the future of Theatr Clwyd. The Youth Advisory Board will meet 4 times a year (in the evening for 3 hours each time) to discuss and debate what is happening at Theatr Clwyd now and what needs to happen next…
We are looking for young people from a diverse range of ages, genders, backgrounds, and ethnicities. We want to make sure everyone’s voices are heard and acted upon, whoever you are, whatever your background, and whatever your age (between 11-25).
Once formed, the Youth Advisory Board will elect two of its members who are over 18 to be Chair and Deputy Chair. These two people will also sit on Theatr Clwyd’s Board of Trustees (a group of individuals legally responsible for the governance of Theatr Clwyd).
Can I apply?
- If you love any or all of theatre, music, dance, visual arts, cinema, comedy and spoken word, we want to hear from you.
- If you are interested in any or all aspects of the arts – backstage and onstage, marketing, fundraising, design, set and costume making, directing, writing, dancing, acting, stage management and front of house – we want you to apply.
- You need to be aged between 11 and 25 years and live 30 minutes away or less by car. (We can organise and cover transport).
What’s in it for me?
- The chance to discover how Theatr Clwyd works from the inside.
- An invitation to all our guest nights at the theatre.
- Transport sorted and covered by us.
- A great thing to put on your CV!
What will I have to do?
- Attend a Youth Advisory Board meeting 4 times a year (for 3 hours in the evening each time) to help shape and inform the organisation.
- Hold this position for 18 months.
How do I apply?
Please let us know why you are interested in this opportunity at Theatr Clwyd and why you would like to be apart of our Youth Advisory Board.
We accept these applications in whatever format works best for you. (A short video link, artistic portfolio, or a CV and Cover Letter).
We would be grateful if you could please complete our Equal Opportunities survey.
Applications close on Friday 7th July