Written a play but don't know how to take the next step?
Am Ddrama – Play On is a new collaboration between Theatr Genedlaethol Cymru, Theatr Clwyd and National Theatre Wales to find new and exciting scripts and plays by playwrights based in Wales. Over the next year, Am Ddrama – Play On will enable playwrights to send their unpublished scripts and plays anonymously to an eager panel of readers for valuable feedback.
- A script reading service for writers who have written a play and are seeking feedback and / or development / production opportunities
- Your play will be read anonymously by an eager panel
- You will receive written feedback to help you develop your craft
- There may be an opportunity for the most promising scripts to be developed, matching the script and playwright with one of the three organisations best placed to develop, commission and produce it.
What plays are eligible?
- Plays by Welsh / Wales-based writers
- Plays by writers aged 18+
- Completed plays (not extracts or pitches)
- Plays that have not been professionally produced
- Plays for live theatre performance (not TV, film or radio scripts)
- All genre of plays (for all ages) including musicals
- Plays that have not previously been submitted to any of the partner organisations
- Plays submitted must be a minimum of 20 pages or more in length
- Plays written in Welsh, English or both languages
We are only able to consider one play per writer, per submission window.
What happens next?
- You will receive an email acknowledging your submission
- Your play will be read anonymously by an eager reader who will give written feedback to the three organisations
- You will receive a brief extract from that feedback
- Should any of the three organisations be interested in talking to you further about your play, they will contact you directly.
How do I submit a play?
We are using Microsoft Forms to help streamline our submissions process. If you have any questions, please get in touch with us on email@example.com and we'll do our best to help.
You will need to fill in:
- Contact details (including name, address and mobile number)
- Whether the play is in English, Welsh or both languages
- Make sure your name is not included in the document and upload your script anonymously as a Word or PDF file.
- The pages of your script should be numbered.
This Equalities Monitoring Form is anonymous and will, on receipt, be processed separately from your submission. The data is managed confidentially, is not personally attributable, will have no bearing on your submission and is processed in accordance with the General Data Protect Regulation (GDPR).
Once you have completed all questions, click the final Submit button. You should then receive an email confirming your submission.