Purpose of the role
The Shuttle Driver will safely and efficiently transport customers to and from the theatre car park by operating a 6-passenger electric shuttle vehicle. They will also provide Porterage duties within the operational team.
Theatr Clwyd is a cultural hub, producing world-class theatre in the hills of North Wales. Since 1976 we have been serving our communities and delivering the highest quality theatre and arts experience for the people of North Wales and beyond.
Our mission is increasingly important to us in all that we do.
To make the world a happier place, one moment at a time.
We are fortunate enough to be one of very few theatres in the UK to build sets, make costumes, paint scenery and create props inhouse. These essential theatre making skills ensure that we can push theatrical boundaries to create stunning shows from the seed of a writer’s imagination. Since 2018 this has been recognised by the theatre industry with awards from UK Theatre, The Stage and the Olivier’s.
The development of theatre makers in our community is key to sustaining Wales and the UK’s cultural sector. We have spaces for writers and companies dovetailed with technical apprenticeships and trainee directors to create a building which supports emerging creatives in developing artistic excellence.
We use our skills to underpin social transformation in our communities. We creatively address social and educational challenges such as youth justice while bridging social and economic divides. We recognise the immediate impact and long term benefits the arts can provide to aid psychological and physical wellbeing. We collaborate with Wales’ largest NHS health board and local social services to meet the challenges facing health and social care by supporting our communities.
We have a recent annual turnover of around £7m and are funded by a combination of Arts Council Wales, Flintshire County Council, box office ticket sales, commercial income and fundraising from individuals, trusts and foundations and corporate sponsorship.
Hours: 20 hours per week
Starting Salary:£19,313 pro-rata
Responsible to: Operations Manager
Responsible for: N/A
Closing Date: Wednesday 25th May 2022, 5pm
Duties and Responsibilities
• Transport customers to and from predetermined locations
• Assist customers into and out of the vehicle if required
• Answer customers’ questions in a polite and gentle manner
• Maintain constant communication with the Duty Manager
• Carry out regular check on the shuttle vehicle before and after each day’s use
• Report faults, accidents, or damage to the vehicle to the Operations Manager or Duty Manager
• Ensure the vehicle is always clean and presentable
• Ability to work flexible hours including evenings and weekends
• Provide Portage duties such as helping maintain stock of bar and cleaning supplies
• Fix minor technical issues such as changing light bulbs
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- Full driving licence.
- Knowledge of road safety and traffic rules and regulations
- Good time management and organisational skills
- The ability to find and repair basic building faults
- Ability to work both autonomously and as a member of the wider team
- Spoken and written Welsh.
- First Aid training
- A commitment to artistic excellence
- An interest in working within the performing arts sector and arts administration.
The Operations Department at Theatr Clwyd is responsible for the logistical functioning of the building. At its core is promoting and maintaining an excellent audience experience and ensuring that Theatr Clwyd is a welcoming and safe environment for the public, visiting artists and staff.