Purpose of the role
As a Housekeeping Assistant you will work as part of a team to perform a variety of regular and one-off cleaning tasks and duties as directed by the Operations Manager.
Theatr Clwyd is a cultural hub, producing world-class theatre in the hills of North Wales. Since 1976 we have been serving our communities and delivering the highest quality theatre and arts experience for the people of North Wales and beyond.
Our mission is increasingly important to us in all that we do.
To make the world a happier place, one moment at a time.
We are fortunate enough to be one of very few theatres in the UK to build sets, make costumes, paint scenery and create props inhouse. These essential theatre making skills ensure that we can push theatrical boundaries to create stunning shows from the seed of a writer’s imagination. Since 2018 this has been recognised by the theatre industry with awards from UK Theatre, The Stage and the Olivier’s.
The development of theatre makers in our community is key to sustaining Wales and the UK’s cultural sector. We have spaces for writers and companies dovetailed with technical apprenticeships and trainee directors to create a building which supports emerging creatives in developing artistic excellence.
We use our skills to underpin social transformation in our communities. We creatively address social and educational challenges such as youth justice while bridging social and economic divides. We recognise the immediate impact and long term benefits the arts can provide to aid psychological and physical wellbeing. We collaborate with Wales’ largest NHS health board and local social services to meet the challenges facing health and social care by supporting our communities.
We have a recent annual turnover of around £7m and are funded by a combination of Arts Council Wales, Flintshire County Council, box office ticket sales, commercial income and fundraising from individuals, trusts and foundations and corporate sponsorship.
Hours: 12 hours - Willingness to work flexible hours, including evenings, weekends and holidays.
Salary Range:£18,020 pro rata
Responsible to: Operations Manager
Responsible for: N/A
Closing Date: Monday 4th October 2021
Duties and Responsibilities
- Emptying waste bins or similar receptacles, transporting waste material to designated collection points.
- Sweeping floors with brushes or dust control mops
- Mopping floors with wet or damp mops.
- Using electronically powered scrubbing / polishing / vacuuming machines to scrub, polish, spray and clean floors.
- Dusting, damp wiping, washing or polishing the furniture, ledges, window sills and external surfaces of cupboards, radiators, shelves and fitments.
- Replenishing consumable items (soap, toilet rolls, paper towels) if required
- Cleaning toilets, urinals, hand basins and sinks.
- Using chemical agents as directed by the Head Cleaner in the discharge of cleaning operation or maintenance procedures .
- Keep a check on cleaning stock levels and inform the Operations Administrator of low stock levels (eg. cleaning products).
- Carry out routine administrative tasks required from time to time eg. checking off cleaning tasks on daily cleaning specification sheets.
- To represent and positively promote the organisation at all levels.
- To undertake other duties as may be reasonably required by the Operations Manager.
- Knowledge of general housekeeping duties.
- Ability to follow instructions and carry out delegated tasks accurately effectively and within given time frames.
- Willingness to work flexible hours, including evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Is punctual and reliable.
- Ability to work both alone and within a team to achieve specified standards.
- Be flexible to changing demands of the post.
- Take pride in a job well done.
- Ability to carry out general cleaning duties as detailed above.
- Understanding of COSHH regulations.
- Experience of working in a theatre or leisure environment.
- Previous experience working in a commercial cleaning environment.
The Operations Department at Theatr Clwyd is responsible for the logistical functioning of the building. At its core is promoting and maintaining an excellent audience experience and ensuring that Theatr Clwyd is a welcoming and safe environment for the public, visiting artists and for staff.