Helping to make the world a happier place this Christmas.
Following from our hugely successful Rainbow Shoe Box Appeal during the Lockdown earlier this year, Theatr Clwyd in partnership with Flintshire Social Services are once again working together to bring a box of festive joy to vulnerable children in North Wales who’ve been impacted by the pandemic. We’re asking people to donate shoe boxes full of Christmassy fun and colourful treats to make the world a brighter place for a young person.
“We have been overwhelmed by the amazing response from our community, many people brought more than one box, Buckley Town Football club organised collections and the craft, creativity and quality of what we received was heart-warming.”Gwennan Mair | Director of Creative Engagement on the Rainbow Shoe Box Appeal
How can I get started?
• You need a shoebox (or a box that’s shoe sized!) – it needs to have a lid (so things don’t fall out) and it can be beautifully decorated in a festive/winter vibe, personalized or just nice and simple.
• Add your own message of festive cheer or inspiration.
• Things you might add:
- Treats and/or healthy snacks - sweets, crisps, chocolate, raisins, fruit bars etc… (Please make sure everything’s in date and in original packaging!)
- Toys and games - They can be new or second-hand (but need all the parts!)
- Arts and crafts
- Books, comics, magazines and DVDs
- Seeds and (little) plant pots
- A Christmas decoration
• Add an age tag to the box (so it goes to the right age of child!), it can be for any age up to 18 years.
• Don’t seal the box so that we can do one last double check before they’re sent out!
How do I make sure the Christmas box is safe?
• Wash your hands before you put together your shoe box
• Clean items where appropriate with anti-bacterial wipes if you have these available. Once you’ve made it then reduce contact with it until you need to drop it off!
Where do I take the Christmas box?
• There's no need to book your drop off, just turn up at the theatre's reception on any of the times below
• The dates are 18th December at Theatr Clwyd between 11am – 3pm
• We’ll have volunteers there to help and there will be strict instructions and social distancing when you’re here.