Helping to make the world a happier place this Christmas.
Theatr Clwyd in partnership with Flintshire Social Services are once again working together to bring a box of festive joy to vulnerable children in North Wales. We’re asking people to donate shoe boxes full of Christmassy fun and colourful treats to make the world a brighter place for a young person.
With the current cost of living crisis, our campaign feels more important than ever, we would be really grateful for your support.
How can I get started?
• You need a shoebox (or a box that’s shoe sized!) – it needs to have a lid (so things don’t fall out) and it can be beautifully decorated in a festive/winter vibe, personalized or just nice and simple.
• Add your own message of festive cheer or inspiration.
• Things you might add:
- Treats and/or healthy snacks - sweets, crisps, chocolate, raisins, fruit bars etc… (Please make sure everything’s in date and in original packaging!)
- Toys and games - They can be new or second-hand (but need all the parts!)
- Arts and crafts
- Books, comics, magazines and DVDs
- Seeds and (little) plant pots
- A Christmas decoration
• Add an age tag to the box (so it goes to the right age of child!), it can be for any age up to 18 years. We need boxes for girls, boys and that are gender neutral. Please remember we are often short of donations for teenagers!
• Don’t seal the box so that we can do one last double check before they’re sent out!
Where do I take the Christmas box?
On Saturday 17th December at you can drop your box off at The Mix at Theatr Clwyd between 11am – 2pm or at our offices at the St David's Building, Daniel Owen Square Mold between 9am-12:30pm.
We’ll have volunteers there to help to meet you at both venues.